Data Analyst Position in Houston Texashttp://1.gravatar.com/avatar/?s=96&d=mm&r=g
• Transforms user needs into data solutions.
• Formats, organizes, and troubleshoots data for import into and export from variable data sources. • Creates ad hoc and standardized spreadsheets for data comparison, analyses, and validation.
• Use conditional formatting and lookup functions to help integrate and organize data.
• Work closely with the analytics and SEO departments to create and optimize reports.
• Follow detailed processes to complete assigned tasks
• Liaises with internal functional areas to create, optimize, enhance, troubleshoot, and complete ad hoc and standard requests.
• Develop a comprehensive understanding of Acurian’s Recruitment Manager, GEMBA and other internal systems.
• BS or BA degree required. Equivalent education and/or experience may substitute
• Advanced Excel skills, including building macros, mail merges, lookup functions, conditional formatting, and pivot tables.
• Comfort working with data and drawing actionable conclusions from it.
• Excellent problem-solving skills and demonstrated resourcefulness
• Excellent relationship building skills, in person and over the phone.
• Excellent organizational skills.
• Ability to handle a number of assignments simultaneously of varying degrees of urgency; ability to quickly reorganize workload in an environment of shifting priorities.
• Comfort working in a rapid growth environment, which comes with increased demands, but also increased rewards.
Required Skill Set and Attitude:
*Bachelor’s Degree in interactive media, journalism, communications, marketing, creative writing or equivalent experience with strong skills in computing, logic and analysis.
*Knowledge of SEM/SMM, ad platforms and HTML5 basics.
*Theory or ideas on purpose of application of techniques (why use a text ad vs. an overlay, why video on Facebook rather than Twitter, etc.)
*Relevant data-driven, organic marketing experience with working knowledge of content management systems, search engines, social media platforms and related software tools
*Strong data analysis, content analysis and creative/visualization skills and proficiency with tools.
*A chameleon with the ability to adapt to change and to new opportunities.
*Ability to work independently as well as a team and community member.
*Enthusiastic attitude to all parties and a deep desire to manage by the numbers.
*Competitive with a burning desire to attain the agreed upon growth goals.