Leading personal injury law firm is seeking an experienced content writer to create new content for the firm’s websites, blogs and social media pages.
Content should be targeted for the layperson who may not be aware of their legal options and looking for a lawyer to help them.
We are not looking for technical legal writers. The goal of all content is to inform potential clients of their options and to highlight our firm’s accomplishments — in a concise and engaging manner.
We pay by the article, and will need at least 5 blog articles and 2 or 3 pages of permanent (Evergreen) website copy per week. There’s an opportunity to increase the number of posts per week depending on applicant performance.
You will be compensated $25 per article for the first 90 days, then, assuming the candidate provides quality content in a timely manner, will have the choice of being paid $35 per article or $25 per hour.
Assuming the candidate continues to provide quality work product, he or she will have the potential to become a salaried employee (with benefits) after 180 days.
All content will need to be added to a WordPress site in draft mode on a predetermined schedule.
Articles should use SEO best practices, correct keyword density, page linking, etc.
We will provide topics initially, but writers should be able to choose relevant topics and conduct their own, comprehensive research, when necessary.
You will also work with and assist our Social Media director to assist with daily content and posts for our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google + pages.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism, English and/or Marketing
• Marketing or Journalism experience and very strong English skills
• Experience using Google Analytics to monitor conversion goals, content performance, bounce rates, etc., is preferred
• Experience writing and optimizing content for legal (preferably personal injury) websites
• Knowledge of best SEO practices, including keyword use and research and use of links and appropriate anchor text, and experience posting and editing content in WordPress
Since we receive a high volume of applications, applicants who do not fulfill the application requirements will not be considered.
All interested applicants should provide the following:
• Sample article (400 to 500 words) that’s intended to serve as the homepage of a personal injury law firm’s website — the article should highlight fictitious accomplishments and discuss why people should hire our law firm after a truck, offshore, or other serious accident. The sample article will not be published. It is only intended for use during the hiring process (and you will retain the copyrights).